Travel Counselor – Travel Alberta Visitor Information Centre
Town of Oyen
We are seeking individuals that are personable, customer service oriented, resourceful, proactive and enthusiastic about promoting Alberta. Excellent interpersonal, communication, sales and promotional skills are required for success in this position.
- Provide exceptional customized trip planning and customer service to visitors travelling to Alberta
- Proactively promote attractions, events, experiences and destinations across the province, including assisting travelers with booking accommodations and activities
- Influence visitors to do more and extend their length of stay in Alberta by matching their interest and needs to Alberta’s attractions, experiences and destiantions
- Distribute information and essential travel tips
- Complete administrative tasks such as preparing reports, and collecting and entering visitor statistics.
Starting salary: from $17.43
All candidates must have a high school education and at least one year of customer service experience. Preference will be given to candidates with some post-secondary education in tourism, hospitality and or a related field. Knowledge of a second language and experience with Alberta’s tourism industry and tourism destinations are considered assets. First Aid Certification including AED is required.
Please note: These positions are summer employment term opportunities. Weekend and Statutory Holiday work is required. Attendance at training in Edmonton (May 7 – 9) is a condition of employment. All applicants must be able to work from May 7 – September 3.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 403-664-3712
- Mail: Box 360, Oyen, AB T0J 2J0
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com