Parts Room Supervisor
Website Special Areas Board
PARTSMAN II – Journeyman
Salary: $66,520 – $70,982 per annum
YOUNGSTOWN: The Special Areas Board is currently seeking a permanent full-time position located in Youngstown, Alberta at the Board’s nineteen (19) bay equipment and roads service facility.
Key duties include:
- supervision of parts department employees in the receiving, warehousing and distribution of parts and materials
- hands on and supervision of identification, purchasing, receiving, cataloguing, warehousing and issuance of parts and supplies as required for the maintenance and repair of trucks and heavy equipment, parts repair and tools from the warehouse and storage yard,
- overseeing the updating and maintenance of computer inventory systems, records, catalogue and cross references
- ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained, forecasting any seasonal requirements,
- processing invoices for record keeping and equipment,
- a reasonable level of physical fitness as some heavy lifting is required,
- delivering the Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements
- Journeyman Partsman valid in the Province of Alberta
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Mature, personable, safety conscious team player with good communication and writing skills, and proficient computer skills
- Class 5 Driver’s License is required
We offer an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan including health, dental, insurance, flexible spending account and an employer-matched defined-benefit pension program. Special Areas is committed to an inclusive and supportive work environment, offering career development and training opportunities and a Monday to Friday standard work week.
Additional information may be directed as to Superintendent Youngstown Service Center, Brent Fecho, 403-779-3733.
COMPETITION NO: 30029 CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2021
This is designated a safety sensitive position and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employees. Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to:
- Human Resource Services
Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Fax (403) 854-5527
We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca