Heavy Duty Mechanic I
Position Title: Heavy Duty Mechanic II – Journeyman
Location: Youngstown, AB
Closing: Nov 12, 2021
Position Profile: The Special Areas board is currently seeking a permanent full-time Heavy-Duty Mechanic based in the Youngstown shop. Work will consist of a combination of field service, in shop repairs, maintenance and the direct supervision of journeyman and apprentices in the mechanic field.
- perform preventative maintenance on highway transport vehicles, construction and earthmoving equipment and industrial tractors and equipment. Analyze, repair and maintain diesel engines, trucks (gravel, water and oil distribution), motor graders, crawlers, tractors, self-unloading earth moving equipment, various types of packers, fire engines and other types of smaller equipment.
- Diagnose breakdowns on trucks and equipment using Scan Tools technology where applicable.
- Adjust, test and repair components and systems including spark ignition and diesel engines, steering systems, cooling systems, braking systems, drive lines, suspensions and electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Perform inspections for Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certifications.
- Bulk Oil Inventory – Monitor, evaluate and order accordingly based on par levels set by Shop Superintendent.
- Responsible for maintaining relevant equipment on Heavy Duty side of shop (parts, washer, hoisting tools, overhead crane, and floor hoists) according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Perform supervisory duties. Delegate tasks to direct report trade person(s) with specific instruction to job assigned. Follow up on completed jobs to ensure work has been done properly.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate, valid in the Province of Alberta.
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Two (2) years’ experience Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) field.
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection experience is an asset.
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence is required.
Employer is offering an attractive compensation package, competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan including health, dental, insurance, flexible spending account, tool allowance and an employer-matched defined-benefit pension program.
This is safety sensitive position and all newly hired employees are required to undergo mandatory pre-employment testing. For more information, please contact Brent Fecho, Superintendent Youngstown Service Centre at 403.779.3733. Please refer to competition number 30093 when submitting cover letter with resume and/or application.
Address: Box 820, Hanna AB T0J 1P0
To apply for this job email your details to SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca